Contract: November 1, 2016 – May 30, 2017
The successful candidate will have education, job skills and training in the areas of youth violence prevention, social justice, community organizing and classroom facilitation.
The Male Facilitator will report to SWOVA’s Program Director and act in a co-facilitation capacity for delivery of the Respectful Relationships Program during both classroom and afterschool sessions in Grades 7-12 in School District #64. Your primary role will be to create a supportive space for youth while actively engaging students in social and emotional learning, youth violence prevention education, unique games and activity and modeling positive attitudes. Delivery of high quality programming is fundamental in this role.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Encourage and assist youth to further develop life and living skills
- Implement routines and activities to provide a safe and secure space for youth
- Lead healthy discussions with youth
- Assist youth in developing and practicing problem solving, conflict resolution and communication skills
- Train RR youth team members in Leadership and Facilitation
- Act as a liaison between the program and various stakeholders in the community
- Familiarity with the social, emotional, cultural, physical and environmental barriers facing youth
- Contribution to a creative and positive work environment dedicated to social justice, community health and safety
Approximately 20-25 hours per week average over the course of this contract. Flexibility will be required with some weeks being full time hours and other weeks less than 20. A clean criminal record check will be a requirement of this position.
Posting Ends: Oct 20, 2016 at 4pm