SWOVA Curricula Writer and Summer Student Office Assistant
$14/hr, 30 hours per week for 10 weeks.
MUST be a registered student at a secondary/post-secondary institution and be able to start the week of June 20th, 2016, to be an eligible applicant.
We are looking for a student to assist us with various youth violence prevention curricula updates and overall administration of our office and programs. The successful candidate must be able to work efficiently and confidently as an individual and as part of a staff team.
Skills in Photoshop and Social Media are necessary to develop, edit and improve our instructional tools and to create engaging content. This means you have a great language skills and empathy/understanding of teacher and student needs. The ability to effectively present and respond to information both verbally and in writing is essential.
- Research, review and update agency violence prevention materials
- Provide administrative support to Office Administrator and Program Staff in the day to day running of the SWOVA office
- Coordinate and implement the new graphic designs of the Grade 7/8 Respectful Relationships Handbooks
- Create the Pass it On Coordinator Manual
- Cover front desk duties as needed
- Write 5 blog posts relevant to agency work
Please apply if:
- You’re incredibly organized and tech savvy
- You have a passion and prowess for language and youth-focused resource material
- You approach problems creatively, always keeping students and teachers in mind
- You want to make a difference in education, you bring passion and an awesome work ethic to your workplace
Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it off during our office hours 9am – 3 pm Monday through Thursday at: 344 Lower Ganges Rd.
Deadline for receiving applications: June 8th, 2016
We thank all who take the time and effort to apply; only short listed candidates will be contacted.