SWOVA Community Development and Research Society has worked for more than two decades to address discrimination/violence based on gender, race, sexual orientation, age, and ability.
We envision inclusive and gender-equitable communities living violence-free.
SWOVA fosters healthy relationships in order to promote communities free of violence, bullying, discrimination, assault and abuse. We do this by delivering innovative, evidence based social emotional educational programs for children, youth and adults and inspiring and training others to deliver our programs.
SWOVA is looking for an experienced male adult facilitator to support the design and delivery of an after-school pilot for Grade 8 boys aimed at supporting self-awareness and skills for healthy relationships. The program is a weekly program run on Tuesdays from 3:30 to 5:30 for 12 weeks between February and May 2020.
- To foster self-awareness, confidence and supports towards a successful transition to high school for Grade 8 students
- Self-Awareness and Esteem
- Acceptance of Diversity and Differences in Others
- Personal Power and Responsibility
This part-time contract will start January 13 and run through to May 29. Time expectations are for design and evaluation time on either end of the delivery period as well as ongoing prep.
- In conjunction with a working group, develop a through project design and plan
- Create weekly facilitation plans that align modules with program goals and outcomes
- In conjunction with the Executive Director (ED), engage in a developmental evaluation process to assess the impact of the program on the participants (did the program result in the intended knowledge, attitudes, or skills)
- Work with adult facilitator of the Pass-It-On Girls program on design and evaluation of outcomes as required
- Works in conjunction with ED, to build and maintain positive relationships with School District #64 representatives
- Report to ED and attend Board meetings as requested
- Write monthly reports.
- Ensure that all appropriate consent forms are signed and filed at the SWOVA office
- Support parent and school engagement and education around the Program
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A strong understanding of the developmental needs of Grade 8 boys
- Creative, fun, and engaging approach to program development
- Ability to engage in activities that may require sport or physical activity
- A passion and commitment towards growing social emotional intelligence
- Willingness to develop skills around safe sharing and respectful listening
- Communicates clearly and effectively
- Possesses strong organizational skills.
- Exhibits excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience building professional relationships
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills
- Is capable of thinking creatively and analytically
- Manages time efficiently
- Works well with a variety of different individuals
- Possesses solid problem-solving skills
- Strong and clear boundaries in working with youth
- A Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector query will be required
- Exhibits knowledge of SWOVA’s organizational mission and goals
- Degree in education or 4 years of related experience working with youth
How to Apply
The following pieces must be presented as an application:
- Resume and cover letter
- List of 3 references
- A project proposal: Please review the Program Background. We are looking for innovative ways of working with Grade 8 boys. Your proposal is expected to outline a methodology for achieving the desired outcomes over the 12-week delivery period. We are looking for creative approaches that reflect an understanding of the social-emotional needs of Grade 8 boys as well as the ways that they learn best.
Please submit application to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Wednesday December 18, 2019, 4:00 pm PST
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.