We would like to thank all candidates for
putting their resumes forward, the position has now been filled.
ELIGIBILITY: The position is open to all qualified applicants. The HRDC Summer Student program requires that candidates MUST be a student registered at a post-secondary or secondary institution in the year before and after Summer 2017 and be able to start work the week of June 26th, 2017. Preference will be given to post-secondary candidates. SWOVA is an inclusive and equitable agency encouraging applications from qualified candidates, including Aboriginal Peoples, members of visible ethnic groups and persons with disabilities.
$14/hr, 30 hours per week for 8 weeks. If you are an off-island resident, please note that this position is considered full-time and the successful candidate will be expected to work on-site four days/week. The fifth day may be at the office or from home/outside the office.
We are looking for a student to assist us with curricula updates for youth violence prevention programs and overall administration of our office and programs. The successful candidate must be able to work efficiently and confidently as an individual and as part of a staff team.
Applied skills in Social Media platforms and Photoshop/Adobe Creative Suite are necessary to develop, edit and improve our instructional tools and to create engaging content. You have great language skills and empathy/understanding of teacher and student needs (elementary through secondary school). The ability to present and respond to information effectively both verbally and in writing is essential.
- Research, review and update agency violence prevention materials
- Coordinate and implement the new graphic designs of the Grade 7/8 Respectful Relationships Handbooks
- Enhance social media presence for the agency and publicize programs for Pass it On: Boys and Pass it On: Girls
- Provide administrative support to Office Administrator and Program Staff in the day to day running of the SWOVA office
- Take direction for updating library materials and resources
- Create the Pass it On Coordinator Manual
- Cover front desk duties as needed
- Write blog posts relevant to agency work
Please apply if:
- You’re incredibly organized and tech savvy
- You have a passion and prowess for language and youth-focused resource material
- You approach problems creatively, always keeping students and teachers in mind
- You want to make a difference in education, you bring passion and an awesome work ethic to your workplace
Please email your resume to: email@example.com or drop it off during our office hours 9am – 4 pm Monday through Thursday at: 344 Lower Ganges Rd.
Deadline for receiving applications: June 5th, 2017
We thank all who take the time and effort to apply; only short-listed interview candidates will be contacted.