SWOVA is looking to fill a 2-month contract for 2 dynamic facilitators to pilot our newly Redesigned Teen Healthy Relationships Program at SIMS (Salt Spring Island Middle School):
- Authentic, Creative, Responsible and Passionate?
- A Change-maker who wants to create a safer, more equitable and more inclusive world?
- Passionate about strengths-based, youth empowerment work and able to exhibit creativity in your approach to tasks and challenges?
We are looking for you!
Our ideal facilitator will have education, training and experience in the areas of youth violence prevention, social and emotional learning, social justice and group facilitation.
Facilitators will be trained and supervised by our Program Director. The two successful candidates will work in a co-facilitation capacity for the 6-8 week pilot delivery. Your primary role will be to create a supportive space for youth while actively engaging students in a personal and interpersonal exploration of social and emotional learning. Delivery of high quality programming is fundamental in this role.
Education/work experience required for the position:
- Experience working with adolescents and/or pre-adolescents
- Experience with school-based programming and/or experience in the education system is preferred.
- Knowledge of trauma-informed perspectives on violence and abuse
- Extensive experience with group facilitation
- Ability to work independently as well as effectively and collaboratively with others
- A strong commitment to providing anti-racist, culturally competent services, as well as a knowledge of systemic issues
- Ability to be creative in engaging youth individually and in large groups
- Exhibit professional and ethical behavior
SWOVA strives to foster a world that honours diversity and equality. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals, especially those who can provide a further diversification of ideas and perspectives.
If interested in this position, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by NOON, Wednesday March 14/18.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. We thank in advance all who express interest in this position.